ICT at King Charles I School:
The aims for ICT are drawn from the aims of the school and they may be amplified as follows:
- To encourage all pupils to develop their confidence in the use of ICT devices.
- To provide opportunities for pupils to make informed decisions about the appropriate use of ICT devices.
- To provide access as appropriate to ICT resources for all pupils irrespective of age, gender, ethnicity, ability.
- To provide opportunities for each individual to maximise their own personal learning through.
How we achieve this:
- By adding ICT-based work to mainstream activities extending the range of learning styles available.
- By providing self-pacing ICT-based activites to complement mainstream learning, to remediate where necessary and to extend where greater challenge is demanded.
- By enhancing subject delivery with ICT resources which provide engaging demonstration and source material.
- By providing pupils with powerful tools to enable learning of higher level concepts and skills.
- By exploiting national and commercial developments in e-learning both to widen the range of modes of learning we can offer and to encourage independant learning.